TRIUMPHpe encourages TRANSFORMATIVE rather than INFORMATIVE learning. The program is completely based on EXPERIENTIAL learning and takes a non-competitive, sequential approach to fitness and skill development. Effectively designed lesson plans with expert content and superior structure is supplemented with age-appropriate high-quality equipment.
- Organized yearly plans are made through a master schedule.
- Detailed lesson plans and teacher guides accompany each activity.
- The instructional content in activity lesson plans is research-based and aligned with NASPE standards.
- Activities are designed in an age appropriate and activity level tolerance format.
- Scientific rubric based and skill based assessments are done periodically.
- The curriculum is research-based with expert content and high-quality training with specialized equipment.
TRIUMPHpe program delivery is based on the following goals:
- Children should be able to demonstrate competency in movement forms.
- They should be able to apply movement principles and concepts towards the development of motor skills.
- They should exhibit a physically active lifestyle.
- They should be able to maintain physical fitness.
- They should demonstrate responsible social as well as personal behaviour in a physical activity setting.
- They should understand and respect the differences among each other in physical activity settings.
- They should understand that physical activity offers opportunities for challenge, enjoyment, social interaction and self-expression.
TRIUMPHpe understands that every minute of the class time is valuable. Therefore, it ensures that maximum time during the program is spent in active engagement. Rather than merely lecturing children on fitness and activity instructions, TRIUMPHpe ’s PE specialists (and the accompanying instructional lesson plans) demonstrate each activity or skill so children practice while they learn. This helps maximise the time spent in the activity.